Job opening: Full Professorship at Tilburg School of Catholic Theology, 0,8 – 1,0 fte
Tilburg School of Catholic Theology is looking for female candidates for a Full Professorship at Tilburg School of Catholic Theology, 0,8 – 1,0 fte for 5 years with the possibility of a tenured position
This five-year professorship, as part of the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program, is assigned to an outstanding female academic from any country. The professorship is also open for employees currently working at Tilburg University.
Tilburg University is committed to diversity as a self-evident value within its organization. Diversity, inclusion, and equality are important key priorities of the university’s HR policy. Under the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program, Tilburg University offers talented women with a passion for teaching and research a wonderful opportunity to design research and courses on important themes at the various Schools. Appointees will receive a start-up grant for their research and will participate in a networking and mentoring program. Read more about the Philip Eijlander Diversity Program: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/PED
The successful candidate is expected to research, teach, and supervise (under)graduate and PhD students in the field of her specialization. She is expected to develop new ideas in research and education, and acquire funding (independently or jointly with other colleagues) for future research. A more specific description of job responsibilities will be drawn up in discussion with the successful candidate and will depend on her field of specialization and qualifications.
Candidates are expected:
– To have a PhD degree in Theology or a related discipline;
– To be specialized in one of the disciplines within Theology (e.g., Historical Theology, Biblical Exegesis, Systematic Theology and Practical Theology);
– To meet the criteria of their specific appointment in terms of research quality, teaching quality, management responsibilities, valorization of their research and active role as member of a department;
– To have experience in acquiring additional funding for their research (e.g., ERC grants, VENI, VIDI, VICI grants, indirect funding and contract funding);
– To be able and be prepared to take an active role as role-model or diversity agent in the university (e.g., by delivering a public lecture during the course of their tenure track; by making – their research available for a larger audience; by mentoring other junior women faculty; by incorporating gender as an integral part in the teaching and research programs);
– To meet the requirements for a missio canonica from the Chancellor of the TST, and a nihil obstat from the Congregation for Catholic Education.
Procedure and Information
For more information on the positions, please contact the dean of the School, Prof. Dr. M. Sarot (firstname.lastname@example.org, +31134663839).
Candidates can apply by submitting:
– A brief research proposal for five years that is embedded in one of the research programs of the TST (see https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/research/theology/programs/ ): The proposal should include an abstract, aim of the research, deliverables, study design and methodology, planning, budget.
– A Curriculum Vitae: Diplomas; Relevant experience; Publication records; Teaching evaluations; Grants and Prices, etcetera;
Personal details (publication criteria will be weighted by special circumstances such as leaves for caring for dependents, pregnancy leave etcetera);
– A motivation letter including: How the professorship contributes to the development of the research program and ambition of the school;
Activities to support diversity and inclusion including an explanation why the candidate can be a role model in the organization.
Applications and accompanying documents should be submitted by February 12, 2017.
The only way to apply is online by following this link: http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about-tilburg-university/working-at/wp/.
Terms and conditions of the Philip Eijlander Diversity program
The Philip Eijlander Diversity Program is a program of five years during which the professor is expected to focus on research; yet the professor also participates in teaching and managerial activities of the department and/or school. This is important for the further career and the integration of the professor in the academic community of Tilburg University. Allocation of research time and teaching time follows the school’s specifics for academic positions.
The professor will be incorporated in the organizational structure of a particular department and is expected to develop her own line of research fitting within the research ambition of the school. Following a positive evaluation at the end of a maximum of five years, the professor will be awarded tenure on the basis of the criteria applicable to this process. Dependant upon the track record of the candidate, immediate tenure may be negotiable. Having been awarded tenure, the professor will follow the regular career path for academics at a specific school for TiU.
The head of the department will be the supervisor of the professor. The role of the supervisor is to provide the professor with regular feedback about her performance and progress. The professor furthermore will be provided with a mentor from the ambassador network (see below) of the Philip Eijlander Diversity program.
The five-year Philip Eijlander Professorship comprises:
– A gross annual salary commensurate with experience and in accordance with Dutch national standards for the respective level of professorship;
– A start-up research grant of max € 10.000;
– A mentoring /coaching program to facilitate the career path of the professor in her career;
– A networking program for professors. This networking program includes an inspirational writing seminar.
See also : https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/organization/working-at/gender-policy/ped.htm
Conditions of Employment
Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. The selected candidate will be assigned a position that is in accordance with her previous education and experience. She will be appointed for a fixed period of five years. Based upon an evaluation after 5 years, an open-ended contract is possible. Selected candidates will be ranked in the Dutch university employment system (UFO). Depending on the candidates’ experience, the starting gross salary for a fulltime appointment will vary between € 5.260,- and € 7659,- per month (€ 73.000,- – € 106.000,- , gross, all-in per year), based on scale hoogleraar 2 of the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) Dutch Universities. Researchers from outside of the Netherlands or long-term Dutch expats may qualify for a tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf.
Tilburg School of Catholic Theology
Tilburg School of Catholic Theology (TST) focuses on scholarly training and research in Catholic theology for the benefit of all those interested and in particular for those preparing for an office or position requiring a canonical mission. TST is the only school of Catholic theology in the Netherlands that is recognized by the Church. Besides offering scholarly education, preparing students for ecclesiastical office, the school also offers a research-masters programme in theology and a master programme Christianity and Society. The faculty’s main offices are located in Utrecht, but a full programme of studies is also taught in Tilburg.
Tilburg University applies the recruitmentcode of the Dutch Association for Personnel Management & Organization Development (NVP).
The text of this vacancy advertisement is copyright-protected property of Tilburg University. Use, distribution and further disclosure of the advertisement without express permission from Tilburg University is not allowed, and this applies explicitly to use by recruitment and selection agencies which do not act directly on the instructions of Tilburg University. Responses resulting from recruitment by non-contractors of Tilburg Universities will not be handled.
Click here for the vacancy link